Write a review
- lb Italian sausage
- pouch (9 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ fire roasted tomato cooking sauce
- cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- cup ricotta cheese
- uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 BROWN sausage in nonstick skillet; stir in cooking sauce and 1 1/2 cups water.
- 2 MIX 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta cheese. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.) Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 3 LAYER in slow cooker: 1/2 cup sausage mixture and 2 1/2 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Top with half of the cheese mixture and 1/2 cup sausage mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining 2 noodles and remaining sausage mixture, covering noodles completely.
- 4 COOK, covered, on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Let stand until cheese melts.
- 5 SERVE by cutting into pieces or spooning out.
- Expert Tips
- A richer lasagna? Serve with sour cream.
- If desired, garnish with Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/