Herbed Cheese Biscuits
Write a review
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, dill and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in shredded cheese. Add milk. Stir just until dough holds together.
- PLACE dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly. Roll 3/4-inch thick. Cut dough with floured biscuit cutter without turning biscuit cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- CINNAMON BISCUITS: FOLLOW directions for Herbed Cheese Biscuits, omitting cheese and dill. Reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon and milk to 1/2 cup. Brush tops of biscuits with milk and sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Bake as above.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/