Strawberries and Cream Pie
Write a review
- box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- cup sugar
- to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- cup whipping cream
- pints (4 cups) strawberries
- cup semisweet chocolate chips
- tablespoon shortening
- 1 Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. If using tart pan, trim edge if necessary. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 2 In large bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar and almond extract until well blended.
- 3 In small bowl with electric mixer, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into cooled baked shell.
- 4 Arrange strawberries, pointed side up, over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate while preparing garnish.
- 5 In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries and cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until set. Store in refrigerator.
- Pie baking can be even easier when you use Pet-Ritz® frozen pie crusts. Find them in the freezer case with a precrimped edge, ready to use. The disposable pan makes clean up a snap.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/