Halloween Poke Cake
Write a review
- pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- cup boiling water
- pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
- cup cold water
- tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- tsp. yellow food coloring
- tsp. red food coloring
- Halloween sprinkles
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch pan as directed on package. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water; pour over cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- TINT COOL WHIP with food colorings; spread onto cake. Refrigerate 1 hour. Decorate with sprinkles just before serving.
- How to Thaw COOL WHIP
- Place unopened 8-oz. tub of whipped topping in refrigerator for 4 hours. Do not thaw in microwave.
- Prepare using COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
- If orange food coloring is available, use that instead of the yellow and red food colorings. Add enough drops of food coloring until frosting is of desired shade.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/