Snow-Covered Christmas Trees
Write a review
- roll (18 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- tablespoons all-purpose flour
- tablespoon grated orange peel
- cups powdered sugar
- to 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- to 4 drops green food color
- tablespoons white nonpareils
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour and orange peel until well blended. Work with half of dough at a time; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- 2 On floured surface with rolling pin, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness (about 11-inch round). Cut with floured 3- to 3 1/2-inch tree-shaped cookie cutter; place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3 Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set and edges just begin to brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- 4 In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough orange juice until smooth and desired spreading consistency. Stir in green food color until well blended. Frost cooled cookies; sprinkle with nonpareils. Let stand until icing is set, about 15 minutes. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.
- The icing on these cookies sets up quickly, so frost a few at a time, then sprinkle with the nonpareils so they'll stick and not roll off.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/