Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Apple Dessert
Write a review
- can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4
- cups packed brown sugar
- cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- cup vegetable oil
- teaspoons baking powder
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- teaspoon baking soda
- Ice cream, if desired
- 1 Spray 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spoon pie filling into cooker; spread evenly.
- 2 Beat remaining ingredients except ice cream with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pie filling.
- 3 Cover and cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/