Double Decker Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Coffee Cake
Write a review
- Coffee Cake
- 1 1/3
- cups granulated sugar
- cup unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- teaspoon vanilla
- container (4 oz) Yoplait® Light pumpkin pie yogurt (from 4-pack)
- 2 1/4
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons baking soda
- teaspoon salt
- cup chopped pecans
- cup packed light brown sugar
- cup granulated sugar
- teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- teaspoons vanilla
- cups powdered sugar
- to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 10-inch fluted tube cake pan with shortening; lightly flour.
- 2 In large bowl, beat 1 1/3 cups sugar and the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until slightly frothy. Add melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the yogurt; stir with spoon to combine.
- 3 In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt with whisk. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until combined.
- 4 In small bowl, stir together Streusel ingredients.
- 5 Pour one-third of cake batter into pan. Sprinkle with one-third of streusel mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- 6 Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Place serving plate upside down over pan; invert plate and pan. Remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 7 In another small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and enough milk to form a thick Glaze. Pour glaze over completely cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set before cutting into slices.
- Make sure the melted butter is cool enough before adding it to the batter so it doesn’t cook the eggs.
- Tap the sides of the pan to release the cake from the pan.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/