Scaredy Cat Cake Pops
Write a review
- box (15.25 oz) vanilla cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- cup vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting (from 1-lb container)
- cup orange candy sprinkles
- Black food decorating pen
- sliced almonds (1/8 cup)
- strands rice stick noodles
- bags (10 oz each) black candy melts or coating wafers
- teaspoon black candy coating
- tablespoons canola oil
- paper lollipop sticks
- large block white plastic foam
- pieces candy corn (2/3 cup)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- 2 Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Crumble cake into large bowl. Add frosting and candy sprinkles; mix well. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet. Freeze until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- 3 Using black decorating pen, draw eye pupils onto almonds. Let stand until set. Break rice stick noodles into 1 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- 4 In medium microwavable bowl, microwave candy melts uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 minute, then in 15-second increments, until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon candy coating. Stir in oil. Remove several cake balls from refrigerator at a time. Dip tip of 1 lollipop stick about 1/2 inch into melted candy and insert stick into 1 cake ball no more than halfway. Dip cake ball into melted candy to cover; tap off any excess. (Reheat candy in microwave or add oil if too thick to coat.) Poke opposite end of stick into foam block.
- 5 Immediately attach 2 pieces candy corn on top of each cake pop for ears; add almonds for eyes and insert rice stick noodles for whiskers. Let stand until set. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/