Pumpkin Patch Cookie Balls
Write a review
- roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated peanut butter cookies
- cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- cup chocolate creamy ready-to-spread frosting (from 1-lb container)
- 1 1/2
- cups white candy melts or coating wafers (9 oz)
- thin pretzel sticks (2 1/4 inch), broken in half
- candy eyes, if desired
- 1 1/2
- cups orange candy melts or coating wafers (9 oz)
- teaspoon orange oil-based candy color
- cup green candy melts or coating wafers (3 oz)
- cup black candy melts or coating wafers (3 oz)
- package (9 oz) thin chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Press cookie dough in pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned and center is set. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- 2 Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Crumble cookie into large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and frosting until well blended. Shape mixture into 15 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3 In small microwavable bowl, microwave white candy melts on Medium (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, continue to microwave in 15-second increments, stirring until smooth. For each cookie ball, dip broken end of 1 pretzel piece in white candy; insert pretzel 1/2 inch into top of cookie ball to look like stem. Let stand until set.
- 4 Working with 1 cookie ball at a time, dip 7 of the cookie balls in melted white candy. Gently drag toothpick from base to stem around cookie ball to look like ridges on pumpkin. Immediately attach candy eyes. Let stand until set.
- 5 In another small microwavable bowl, repeat melting procedure with orange candy melts. Stir in orange candy color until blended. Working with 1 cookie ball at a time, dip remaining 8 cookie balls in melted orange candy. Gently drag toothpick from base to stem to look like ridges on pumpkin. Immediately attach candy eyes. Let stand until set.
- 6 In small microwavable bowl, microwave green candy melts on Medium (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, continue to microwave in 15-second increments, stirring until smooth. Spoon melted candy into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Pipe vines and leaves onto pumpkins. Repeat melting procedure with black candy melts; pipe jack-o’-lantern faces on pumpkins. Let stand until set.
- 7 Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto serving plate. Arrange cookie balls on crumbs to look like pumpkin patch.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/