Pepperoni Breakfast Pizza
Write a review
- 1 1/2
- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- cup hot water
- cup milk
- teaspoon pepper
- cup diced pepperoni (from 6-oz package)
- medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- tablespoon butter or margarine
- cup pizza sauce (from 8-oz can)
- 1 1/2
- cups finely shredded Italian cheese blend (6 oz)
- tablespoon sliced fresh basil leaves, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and hot water until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom and up side of pan, using fingers dipped in Bisquick mix, forming rim at edge.
- 2 Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3 Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper with wire whisk or fork until blended. Stir in pepperoni and onions. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until firm but still moist.
- 4 Spread pizza sauce over baked crust. Top evenly with egg mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and pizza is hot. Sprinkle with basil.
- As with any pizza, it's easy to swap the toppings for your family's favorite. Cooked sausage, olives or your favorite cheese are just a few options you may want to try.
- Basil leaves that are cut into thin strips is called "chiffonade." To cut, stack the leaves on top of each other, then roll up like a cigar. Slice across the roll to form long shreds.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/