Write a review
- quarts oil for frying
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- teaspoon salt
- packages (1 lb each) chicken drummettes
- cup butter
- cup red pepper sauce
- teaspoon black pepper
- teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 In deep fryer or 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375°F.
- 2 In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix flour, paprika, red pepper, and salt. Add chicken, seal bag and shake until chicken is coated with flour.
- 3 Fry chicken in batches (to avoid over crowding) about 10 minutes each or until brown and no longer pink in center. Drain on paper towels.
- 4 Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan combine butter, pepper sauce, black pepper and garlic powder; cook over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and mixture is blended.
- 5 In large bowl, toss chicken with butter mixture until completely coated.
- Serve these spicy wings with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
- Fry wings up to 8 hours ahead of time, store in refrigerator just until ready to serve. To serve, heat oven to 450°F. On an ungreased 15x10 x1-inch baking sheet place chicken. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Toss with pepper sauce mixture.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/