Monster Cookie Stacks
Write a review
- roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- Pink, purple, brown or multicolored coarse decorating sugar
- Liquid food color, as desired
- container (12 oz) vanilla whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- tube (0.68 oz) black decorating gel (not food color)
- miniature marshmallows
- cup desired monster cereal, such as Frankenberry®, Boo Berry®, Count Chocula®, Yummy Mummy™ or Frute Brute™
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- 2 Shape cookie dough into 45 small balls. Roll each ball in desired color of decorating sugar. Place balls 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- 3 Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Stir food color into frosting until no streaks remain. Frost cookies, and while frosting is still soft, make 15 stacks of 3 cookies each.
- 5 To make eyes, place small drop of black decorating gel in center of each miniature marshmallow. Place 2 eyes on each cookie stack. Cover remaining frosted area with cereal.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/