Glazed Spiced Pumpkin Bars
Write a review
- cups Fiber One® original bran cereal
- cup canola or vegetable oil
- cup orange juice
- can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2
- cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
- cups granulated sugar
- teaspoons baking powder
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon ground ginger
- teaspoon salt
- cup chopped walnuts
- cup powdered sugar
- to 6 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray, or grease and flour pan. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- 2 In large bowl, beat oil, 1/2 cup orange juice, the pumpkin and eggs with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Stir in crushed cereal; let stand 10 minutes.
- 3 Beat in remaining bar ingredients except walnuts on low speed until well blended. Stir in walnuts. Spread evenly in pan.
- 4 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 5 In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough of the 4 to 6 teaspoons orange juice for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/