Mardi Gras Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 pouch Pillsbury® Funfetti® Vibrant Green Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 1 pouch Pillsbury® Funfetti® Neon Yellow Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 1 container Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Classic White Frosting
- OR Pillsbury® Funfetti® Bold Purple Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Purple, green and yellow colored sugar or decorator sprinkles
- Foil-wrapped chocolate coins or Mardi Gras decorating picks
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare both cupcake & cake mixes separately, according to package directions, using 2/3 cup water, 1/4 cup oil and 2 egg whites for each. Spoon 1 tablespoon green batter into each baking cup. Top with 1 tablespoon yellow batter. Repeat until all batter is added to baking cups.
- BAKE 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT frosting and cream cheese in medium bowl with electric on high speed until blended. Spoon into large heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut 1/2-inch corner off bag. Pipe frosting on tops of cupcakes in a swirl pattern. Sprinkle with decorator sugar. Decorate with foil-wrapped coins or other Mardi Gras-themed accents, as desired.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/