Layered Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Pancake Jars
Write a review
- Cookie Pancake Mix
- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- teaspoons baking powder
- cup sugar
- cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- cup semisweet chocolate chips
- cup peppermint candies
- To Make the Pancakes
- cup milk
- teaspoon peppermint extract
- tablespoons butter, melted
- Suggested Toppings
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate-flavor syrup
- 1 To make Cookie Pancake Mix, mix Bisquick® mix, baking powder and sugar in medium bowl.
- 2 In clean quart jar, add Bisquick mixture, followed by cocoa, then chocolate chips, and finally peppermint candies. Press each layer down with back of spoon to gently compact it before adding next layer. Top the jar with a lid and ring.
- 3 To make the pancakes, remove peppermint candies from jar, and set aside. Dump remaining contents into large bowl. Add milk, egg, peppermint extract and butter; stir until combined. Batter will be a little lumpy.
- 4 Pour by 1/3 cupfuls onto greased hot skillet. Cook until edges are dry, and bubbles appear on the surface, about 3 minutes. Turn, and cook on other side 2 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 5 Crush peppermint candies with mallet or rolling pin. Serve pancakes with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and crushed peppermint candies.
- It is important to use whole peppermint candies in the pancake mix. Crushed candy canes get gummy, stick to each other, and eventually harden into one whole chunk. Look for peppermint flavored candy that comes already in small pieces.
- Keep pancakes warm in a single layer in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/