Jack-o'-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pie
Write a review
- box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 1/2
- lb bulk turkey sausage
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn
- cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- cup chili sauce
- tablespoons packed brown sugar
- can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crust from pouch; onto ungreased cookie sheet, unroll crust.
- 2 With sharp knife, cut jack-o'-lantern face from crust. If desired, place cutouts on crust to decorate, securing each with small amount of water. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.
- 3 Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is cooked and sauce is desired consistency.
- 4 Stir cilantro into sausage mixture. Carefully place warm baked pie crust over turkey mixture in skillet.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/