Holiday Ornament Cupcakes
Write a review
- box (1 lb 2.25 oz) Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake box
- cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- tablespoon vanilla
- to 4 tablespoons milk
- small candy canes
- Red and green jelly beans
- Red cinnamon candies
- Red string licorice
- Red and green candy-coated chocolate-covered sunflower seeds
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- 2 Make and bake cake as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 3 In large bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk. Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. Frost cupcakes generously.
- 4 Create ornament designs using assorted candies. Use top of candy cane to create a “hook” on each cupcake.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/