Write a review
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® gingerbread cookie mix
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- tablespoon water
- container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy creamy white or vanilla frosting, if desired
- Assorted small candies, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, water and egg until dough forms. Divide dough in half.
- 2 Working with half of dough at a time, roll out on floured surface into 9x6-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into 6 (3-inch) squares. Place 4 squares on ungreased cookie sheet. Cut remaining 2 squares diagonally in half to form 4 triangles. Place 1 triangle on one side of each square for roof; press dough to seal.
- 3 Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Decorate with frosting and candies.
- Roll dough to an even thickness by rolling over two wooden dowels or rulers. Use dowels or rulers in the desired thickness, and place them on opposite sides of the dough.
- For easy decorating, place frosting in a resealable food-storage plastic bag, snip off a small corner of the bag and squeeze to frost.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/