Holiday Candy Cane Cake
Write a review
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- cup milk
- package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- teaspoon vanilla
- teaspoon peppermint extract
- containers Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- to 3 rolls (from 4.5-ounce box) Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® strawberry fruit snack
- 1 Heat oven to 325°F. Generously grease and lightly flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan. Or spray with baking spray with flour.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cake mix, milk, cream cheese, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 3 Bake 38 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4 To assemble, cut cake in half crosswise. Place half of cake on serving plate to form hook of candy cane. Cut remaining half into 5 equal pieces (about 2 inches wide). Stir half of the peppermint extract into each container of frosting. Attach cut pieces to hook of candy cane with frosting, alternating pieces to form the straight part of the cane. Frost cake.
- 5 To decorate, arrange strips of fruit snack rolls on cake to look like stripes on a candy cane. Store cake loosely covered.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/