Choco-Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Write a review
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- egg, separated
- package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- teaspoon almond extract
- drops red food color
- jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries, finely chopped, drained on paper towels
- bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- cup butter or margarine
- cup whipping cream
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 2 Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat 1 egg white until frothy. Brush egg white over crust. Bake about 3 minutes longer or until egg white is set.
- 3 Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add egg yolk, 2 eggs, the condensed milk, almond extract and food color; beat until well blended. Stir in chopped cherries.
- 4 Pour cherry mixture evenly over crust. Bake 16 to 20 minutes longer or until set. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Cool 20 minutes.
- 6 Stir whipping cream into chocolate mixture until well blended. Spread over cooled bars. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Cover and refrigerate.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/