Flower Garden Cupcakes
Write a review
- pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- cup boiling water
- pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Green, yellow and red food coloring
- Suggested decorations: JET-PUFFED Marshmallows, colored sugar, small hard candies, BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, JET-PUFFED BUNNY MALLOWS Marshmallows, NILLA Wafers, JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 min. Pierce tops with fork.
- ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Spoon over cupcakes. Refrigerate 30 min. Tint COOL WHIP with food coloring; spread over cupcakes.
- DECORATE as desired. (See Tip.) Keep refrigerated.
- Kraft Kitchens Tips
- Marshmallow Flowers: For each flower, cut 1 large marshmallow into 5 slices; press cut sides in colored sugar. Arrange on cupcake to resemble flower. Add candy to center. Bunnies: Top cupcakes with tinted coconut and marshmallow bunnies. NILLA Flowers: For each flower, place 1 wafer on top of cupcake; surround with 10 miniature marshmallows.
- Tinting Coconut
- Mix 1/2 tsp. water with a few drops of food coloring. Add to 1 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Shake until coconut is evenly tinted. Use more food coloring for a darker shade and less coloring for a lighter shade.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/