Easy Peppermint Candy Cookies
Write a review
- pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- teaspoon peppermint extract
- Betty Crocker® red decorating sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until dough forms. Roll dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass.
- 2 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 3 In small bowl, mix frosting and peppermint extract. Spread each cookie with frosting. Using small spoon, sprinkle red sugar onto cookies in spiral design to look like peppermint candies.
- Spoon sugar into a resealable plastic bag; snip off a corner and squeeze to sprinkle over frosted cookies.
- Use green sugar for the red, if you'd like.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/