Easy Ladybug Halloween Costume
Write a review
- 2 pieces (12 x 18 inches) stiff red felt
- 1 piece (12 x 18 inches) black felt
- 2 hook-and-loop stick-on buttons
- 2 large black chenille pipe cleaners
- 1 regular black pipe cleaner
- 1 square (12 inches) stick-on black felt
- 1 black headband
- 1 black turtleneck top
- 1 pair black leggings
- Step 1
- To make the ladybug's wings, draw a semicircle on each piece of stiff red felt. You can attach a 12-inch piece of string to a pencil and, holding the string end midway on the 18-inch side of the felt, draw a semicircle by swinging the pencil in an arc. Curve the top of each wing as shown at right.
- Step 2
- To make the yoke, fold the black felt piece in half lengthwise. At the center of the folded edge, cut a 5-inch, curved neck opening. Curve the outer edges of the yoke and cut the center open as shown in the photo.
- Step 3
- Attach the top of the wings to the back of the yoke with glue or needle and thread. Add hook-and-loop buttons to either side of the yoke opening. Sew or glue the large chenille pipe cleaners to the outside joints between the yoke and the wings: these are the bug's extra legs.
- Step 4
- Use a glass to trace 7 black dots on the stick-on black felt. Cut out the dots and stick them to the ladybug wings as shown in the photo.
- Step 5
- Glue the center of the regular black pipe cleaner to the center of the headband. Reinforce it with a strip of black stick-on felt. Curl ends of pipe cleaner to complete the antennae.
- Step 6
- Dress the child in the black turtleneck, leggings, wings with yoke and headband.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/