Easy Beef Stew
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs stew beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 – 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 2 large russet potatoes, diced
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat a large soup pot. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Add beef, onion and garlic. Add salt and pepper. Brown beef and cook onion until translucent. Add paprika, canned tomatoes, beef stock, rosemary and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 1 1/2 – 2 hours covered, or until beef is tender.
- When beef is tender, add potatoes and carrots. Continue to simmer covered for another 30 – 40 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/