Easter Egg Cookies
Write a review
- roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- cup all-purpose flour
- container (12 oz) fluffy white frosting
- Gel food colors
- Green-colored sour candy separated into strips
- Candy-coated chocolate candies
- Small jelly beans
- Black and yellow candy sprinkles
- Orange candy slices
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/4 cup of the flour until well blended. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon flour onto work surface; coat all sides of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- 2 With floured 3-inch egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out eggs. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Frost and decorate. Marbled eggs In small bowl, stir 1/4 cup frosting and 1 to 2 drops favorite gel food color until well blended. Frost cookies with contrasting colored frosting. Pipe three lines colored frosting onto each egg; using toothpick pull through frosting for marbled appearance. Candy designs Frost cookies. Decorate with candy strips, jelly beans or candy-coated chocolate candies. Easter chicks In small bowl, stir 1 1/4 cups frosting and 2 to 3 drops yellow food color until well blended. Frost top half of each cookie with yellow frosting and bottom half with white frosting. To decorate, use black sprinkles for eyes, yellow sprinkles or for feathers and pieces of orange candy slices for beak and feet.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/