Easter Egg Cookie Cups
Write a review
- packages (16 oz each) Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- cup all-purpose flour
- pouch (7 oz) white cookie icing
- pouch (7 oz) blue cookie icing
- tube (4.25 oz) pink decorating icing
- tube (4.25 oz) yellow decorating icing
- Pastel candy sprinkles and confetti
- cup ready-to-eat cheesecake filling (from 24.3-oz container)
- cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- can (6.4 oz) green decorating icing
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular- size muffin cups. Place 2 cookie rounds in each cup, pressing in bottom and up side to form shell.
- 2 Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown (dough will puff) (A). Dip end of wooden spoon handle in sugar; carefully press into bot- tom of each cup to reshape (B). Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, in medium bowl, knead remaining package of cookies and the flour until blended. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 1 1/2- to 2-inch egg-shaped cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts 1 inch apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Frost cookies with icing; decorate with sprinkles and confetti. Let stand 5 minutes. Pipe designs onto cookies with icing. Let stand until set (C).
- 5 In medium bowl, mix cheesecake filling and whipped topping until blended. Divide mixture evenly among cookie cups (D). With star tip, pipe green icing over filling to look like grass (E). Top each cookie cup with an egg cookie. Serve remaining cookies on the side.
- A. Cookie dough will puff slightly while baking. B. To reshape, gently press down cookie dough with end of wooden spoon handle dipped in sugar. C. Frost egg-shaped cookies with desired colors of icing. Decorate cookies with colorful designs and candy sprinkles. D. Spoon cheesecake mixture evenly into cookie cups. E. Pipe green decorating icing with star tip over cheesecake mixture to look like grass.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/