Luscious Lemon Pound Cake
Write a review
- pkg. (2-layer size) lemon cake mix
- pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Lemon Crème Flavor Instant Pudding
- cups water
- cup oil
- tub (10.6 oz.) COOL WHIP Vanilla Whipped Frosting, thawed
- jar (10 oz.) lemon curd
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT first 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until blended; pour into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- BAKE 50 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 30 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.
- SPOON frosting into small bowl. Gently stir in lemon curd. Spread over top of cake.
- Kraft Kitchens Tips
- The lemon flavor really comes through in this simple pound cake that makes enough to serve a crowd.
- How to Store
- Keep frosted cake refrigerated.
- Use Spaghetti for a Cake Tester
- If you are baking a cake or cupcakes and are out of wooden toothpicks to use for testing for doneness, grab a strand of uncooked spaghetti. It makes a great cake tester! When a piece of the spaghetti inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean, the cake is done.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/