Christmas Cookie Sticks
Write a review
- 1 1/2
- cups powdered sugar
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- envelope (0.14 ounce) strawberry- or lime-flavored unsweetened soft drink mix
- teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2/3
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon cream of tartar
- Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla or chocolate ready-to-spread frosting (from 16-ounce tub), if desired
- Assorted candy sprinkles or colored sugars, if desired
- 1 Mix powdered sugar, butter, soft drink mix, vanilla and egg in large bowl with spoon. Stir in flour and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- 2 Heat oven to 375ºF. Divide dough into 20 pieces. Roll each piece into 6-inch log, using lightly floured hands. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until firm. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4 Spread tips of cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with candies.
- Let little hands decorate these fun cookies. Place frosting, candies and colored sugars in separate small bowls, for easy dipping and decorating.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/