Red Velvet Christmas Pancakes
Write a review
- Cream Cheese Topping
- oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- cup butter, softened
- tablespoons milk
- cups powdered sugar
- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- tablespoon granulated sugar
- tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- cup milk
- to 1 1/2 teaspoons red paste food color*
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Candy sprinkles, if desired
- 1 In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tablespoons milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover; set aside.
- 2 In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary or spray with cooking spray before heating.
- 3 For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown. Use seasonal-shaped cookie cutters to cut out shapes from warm pancakes. Or, generously grease inside of any seasonal-shaped pancake mold. Fill mold according to manufacturer's directions and cook as directed.
- 4 Spoon cream cheese topping into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to create outline around edge of shapes or drizzle topping over pancakes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and candy sprinkles.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/