Christmas Cookie Packages
Write a review
- 1 1/2
- cups powdered sugar
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- teaspoon vanilla
- teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon cream of tartar
- Betty Crocker® decorating icings (any color from 4.25-oz tubes)
- Betty Crocker® snowflake or star candy decors, if desired
- Edible glitter, if desired
- 1 In large bowl, mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- 2 Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. Divide dough in half. Roll half of dough at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch squares. Place on cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4 Decorate tops of each package with icings to form ribbon and bow; arrange with candies and sprinkle with glitter.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/