Chocolate Pumpkin Eater Treats™
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- — OR —
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 6 pretzel rod sticks, broken in half
- — OR —
- 12 wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Multi-colored sprinkles
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Push one pretzel piece into each. Cool.
- 4. In small saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Dip tops of balls into chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Individually wrap in plastic wrap. Best if served the same day.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/