Write a review
- sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17.3-oz package)
- tablespoon water
- cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- tablespoon chili powder
- 1. Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat egg and water until well blended; set aside. In another small bowl, mix cheese and chili powder.
- 2 Heat oven to 400°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 3 On lightly floured surface, roll thawed pastry sheet with rolling pin into 14x10-inch rectangle; cut in half lengthwise. Brush egg mixture over both rectangles; reserve remaining egg mixture. Spread cheese mixture evenly over 1 rectangle; top with second rectangle, egg side down. Gently roll pastry to seal.
- 4 Cut pastry crosswise into 28 (1/2-inch) strips. Twist strips; place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet, pressing ends down. Brush with remaining egg mixture.
- 5 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- These cheesy twists can be made up to a month ahead and frozen until ready to bake. Increase bake time to 15 minutes.
- Store the twists refrigerated in an airtight container up to one week.
- Serve the twist in glass tumblers to add height to the appetizer buffet table.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/