Reindeer Chocolate-Coated Pretzel Rods
Write a review
- ounces chocolate-, vanilla- or butterscotch-flavored candy coating (almond bark), chopped
- large pretzel twists
- pretzel rods
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- red candy-coated chocolate candies
- roll Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® cherry or other flavor chewy fruit snack rolls
- miniature green candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1 Place candy coating in 1-cup microwavable measuring cup. Microwave uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- 2 Dip pretzel twists into melted candy coating. Place on waxed paper. Let stand until coating is set.
- 3 If necessary, rewarm coating. Dip top 2 inches of pretzel rod into melted candy coating; attach pretzel rod to bottom of pretzel twist. Place on waxed paper.
- 4 To make reindeer, press on chcolate chips for eyes and red candy for nose using melted candy coating. Cut scarf from fruit roll; attach to reindeer using candy coating. Press on green candy for button using candy coating. Place on waxed paper. Let stand until coating is set. Store coated pretzel rods loosely covered at room temperature no longer than 2 weeks.
- Make these holiday treats for gifts—everyone enjoys the sweet and salty combination! Package them in pretty see-through cellophane bags.
- Want to keep your hands (mostly) coating-free? Use a toothpick or fork to help you coat the pretzels evenly.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/