Raspberry Poinsettia Blossoms
Write a review
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cup sugar
- teaspoon vanilla
- box (4-serving size) raspberry-flavored gelatin
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- tablespoons yellow candy sprinkles
- 1 In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla, gelatin and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. On low speed, beat in flour.
- 2 Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3 Heat oven to 375°F. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart. With sharp knife, make 6 cuts in top of each ball about three-fourths of the way through to make 6 wedges. Spread wedges apart slightly to form flower petals (cookies will separate and flatten as they bake). Sprinkle about 1/8 teaspoon yellow candy sprinkles into center of each cookie.
- 4 Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- During the holidays, time can be the greatest gift. Why not get together with a few friends and host a cookie exchange? This is a great recipe to share.
- For a flavor twist, use strawberry-, cranberry- or cherry-flavored gelatin instead of the raspberry.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/