Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Write a review
- Tbsp. butter
- small Gala apples, peeled, chopped (about 3 cups)
- KRAFT Caramels
- can (12 oz.) evaporated milk, divided
- can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- tsp. vanilla
- tsp. ground cinnamon
- lb. unsliced white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- cup dried cranberries
- cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- MELT butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add apples; cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- PLACE caramels in microwaveable bowl. Add 2 Tbsp. evaporated milk; set aside. Pour remaining evaporated milk into large bowl. Add sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon; whisk until blended. Add bread; stir until liquid is absorbed. Stir in apples and cranberries; pour into buttered 2-qt. baking dish. Place in water bath.
- BAKE 1 hour 10 min. on or until knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean.
- MICROWAVE caramels in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until completely melted, stirring every 30 sec. Drizzle over pudding. Serve topped with COOL WHIP.
- Substitute golden raisins for the dried cranberries.
- Special Extra
- Add 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans to the pudding mixture along with the fruit.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/