1-2-3 Cherry Poke Cake
Write a review
- 1 loaf
- (16 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3/4 cup
- boiling water
- 1 pkg.
- (3 oz.) JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 1/4 cup
- cold water
- 1 oz.
- BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 cups
- thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- 1-1/2 cups
- cherry pie filling, divided
- Remove foil lid from cake package. (Do not remove cake from pan.) Pierce cake with skewer at 1/2-inch intervals, poking skewer through cake to bottom of pan.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water; pour over cake. Refrigerate 1 hour. Meanwhile, make curls from semi-sweet chocolate. (See tip.)
- Invert cake onto platter. Cut cake horizontally in half. Spread bottom half of cake with 1/3 cup COOL WHIP; cover with 1 cup pie filling and top cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining COOL WHIP. Garnish with remaining pie filling and chocolate curls.
- Enjoy your favorite foods while keeping portion size in mind.
- How to Make Chocolate Curls
- Microwave chocolate on HIGH a few seconds to warm it slightly. Draw vegetable peeler slowly over flat bottom of chocolate to form thin curls. Place on waxed paper-covered plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make Ahead
- Dessert can be prepared ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 12 hours before serving.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/