Candy Cane Wands
Write a review
- cup semisweet chocolate chips or white vanilla baking chips
- teaspoons shortening
- candy canes or peppermint sticks, about 6 inches long
- Crushed hard peppermint candies, miniature chocolate chips, candy decorations, colored glitter sugars or coarse sugar crystals (decorating sugar), if desir
- 1 Line jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch, with waxed paper. In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the shortening over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- 2 Tip saucepan so chocolate runs to one side. Dip 1 candy cane at a time into chocolate, coating about half of each cane. Place on waxed paper in pan. Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is partially dry.
- 3 Roll chocolate-dipped ends in candies. Place on waxed paper in pan. Let stand about 10 minutes or until chocolate is dry. Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 week
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/