Bunny Cupcake Recipe
Write a review
- 1 package (2-layer size) cake mix, any variety
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 containers (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 18 plain donut holes
- 18 large marshmallows
- 9 pink jelly beans, halved crosswise
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla to batter. Spoon into 18 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full. Bake as directed for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- Spoon frosting into medium bowl. Tint frosting pink or blue, using 6 drops red or 6 drops neon blue food color. Place coconut in large resealable plastic bag. Add 6 drops red or 6 drops neon blue food color to coconut in bag; shake until coconut is evenly tinted.
- Spread top of each cupcake with tinted frosting. Press each cupcake into tinted coconut to cover top completely. Spread donut holes with frosting. Press a donut hole into top of each cupcake to form the bunny’s head.
- For the ears, cut a 1/4-inch slice off the flat ends of each marshmallow to make 36 slices. Dip cut sides of the marshmallow slices into the coconut until completely covered. (Reserve remaining marshmallow pieces.) Attach 2 marshmallow slices to the head of each bunny with frosting to create the ears.
- Press a jelly bean half into the face for the nose and sprinkles for the whiskers. Use the chocolate chips for the eyes. Press a plain marshmallow pieces into each cupcake for the belly
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/