Buffalo Chicken Wings
Write a review
- chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- cup barbecue sauce
- tablespoon red pepper sauce
- teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- teaspoon ground cumin
- bottle (8 ounces) blue cheese dressing, if desired
- Celery, carrot and zucchini sticks
- 1 Cut each chicken wing at joints to make 3 pieces; discard tip. Cut off excess skin; discard.
- 2 Heat oven to 425º. Melt margarine in rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, in oven. Mix flour, salt and pepper in large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag tightly. Shake until chicken is completely coated with flour mixture. Place in pan.
- 3 Bake uncovered 20 minutes; turn chicken. Mix barbecue sauce, pepper sauce, Cajun seasoning and cumin in medium bowl. Pour over chicken; toss until evenly coated with sauce. Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes longer or until light golden brown on outside and juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- 4 Serve with dressing and celery sticks.
- The original chicken wings were first served in 1964 at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. In Buffalo, chicken wings are always served with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/