Black Cat Cookie Pops
Write a review
- cup sugar
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- cup unsweetened Dutch processed baking cocoa
- teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- paper lollipop sticks
- pouch (7 oz) Betty Crocker® Brownie Toppers® chocolate topping
- chocolate-covered peppermint patties, cut into quarters
- pieces candy corn
- brown candy-coated chocolate candies
- Black string licorice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. On low speed, beat in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt until blended. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; shape into 6x2 1/2-inch roll. Cover; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 2 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. On cookie sheet, place cookies about 1 inch apart. Carefully insert lollipop stick into bottom of each cookie.
- 3 Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4 Using chocolate topping, attach peppermint patty pieces for ears, candy corn for eyes, chocolate candies for nose and licorice pieces for whiskers on each cookie.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/