Wicked Witch Cupcake
Write a review
- 24 (2 1/2 in.) cupcakes, baked in paper liners
- 1 1/2 can(s) (16 oz each) chocolate frosting
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 2 cup(s) white rolled fondant (we used Wilton’s Ready-to-Use White Rolled Fondant)
- Gel or paste food color (black, purple, green, yellow)
- 2 scalloped biscuit cutter
- Read more: Wicked Witch Cupcake - Woman's Day
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Place chocolate wafer cookie crumbs in a small bowl and dip cupcakes into crumbs to coat tops.
- Tint 1 cup fondant black and 1/2 cup fondant purple. Use green and yellow to tint remaining 1/2 cup fondant a lime color. (Cover with plastic wrap when not using to prevent drying.)
- Roll 1 tsp lime-colored fondant into a 5-in. rope; cut in half for legs. Roll a scant tsp purple fondant into a ball, cut in half and shape each half into a shoe. Repeat, making legs and shoes for all of the cupcakes. Place 2 legs onto each frosted cupcake, brush end of legs with water and attach a shoe to each.
- Roll black fondant into a thin round. With biscuit cutter, cut out 48 circles for witches' hats. (Press together scraps and reroll to get the full 48.)
- Place one circle on top of each cupcake for a hat brim. Form the rest of the circles into cone shapes; secure to hat brims with a little water.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/