Write a review
- can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust or 1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated thin pizza crust
- can (8 oz) pizza sauce
- slices turkey pepperoni with 70% less fat
- cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- 1 If using classic crust: Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly spray or grease large cookie sheet. If using thin crust: Heat oven to 400 F. Spray or grease 15x10-inch or larger dark or nonstick cookie sheet.
- 2 Unroll dough on work surface. With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into 4 rectangles. Place rectangles on cookie sheet. Cut 1-inch slit in center of wide edge of each dough portion; on opposite wide edge across from slit, pinch dough together to shape point of heart. Slightly separate each cut slit, and gently press dough into a 6x5-inch heart, creating slight rim on edge of dough.
- 3 Divide pizza sauce evenly onto hearts, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top each with 6 slices pepperoni and 3 tablespoons cheese.
- 4 Bake classic crust 13 to 16 minutes, thin crust 9 to 13 minutes, or until crust edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Tip if using classic crust: For a crispier crust, prebake crusts 5 minutes, then add toppings; bake pizzas 7 to 9 minutes.
- Feeling tropical? Substitute pineapple tidbits and thin-sliced deli ham, and bake as directed.
- Be bold! Substitute a thin layer of barbecue sauce in lieu of red sauce, top with your choice of meat and cheese, and bake as directed. Or coat chicken chunks in spicy barbecue sauce for quick and zesty buffalo pizza!
- From cute to cuter: Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter or paring knife to cut pepperoni slices into adorable hearts to adorn your pizza.
- Go gourmet! Extra special toppings make extraordinary pizza. Try artichoke hearts and shrimp, roasted potato chunks and braised beef tips, or eggplant sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- Blushing pizza: Use red meats and veggies, such as pepperoni, red bell pepper, tomato, red chili pepper (use sparingly!), red onion, and diced red potato (keep red skins on). Sprinkle top lightly with curry or paprika for added blush.
- Any crust shape works: Try bunny, pumpkin or shamrock shapes for other holidays, or simple individual round pizzas for no holiday at all!
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/