Valentine Chex® Mix (1/2 Recipe)
Write a review
- 4 1/2
- cups Rice Chex® cereal
- cup white vanilla baking chips
- cup peanut butter
- tablespoons butter or margarine
- cup powdered sugar
- cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies
- tablespoons red or pink jimmies sprinkles
- 1 Place cereal in medium bowl. In small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- 2 Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- 4 In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/