Sweetheart Face Cookies
Write a review
- roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- cup all-purpose flour
- Additional 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- container (1 lb) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- Red food color, if desired
- Assorted small candies or candy sprinkles
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/4 cup flour until well blended. Remove half the dough, and refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- 2 Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour onto work surface. With rolling pin, roll dough 1/4 inch thick. With 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough hearts. On ungreased cookie sheets, place hearts 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- 4 In small bowl, mix frosting and food color until desired pink color. Spread frosting on cookies. Decorate with assorted candies to look like faces
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/