Slow-Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Write a review
- cup packed brown sugar
- cup butter, melted
- can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 Spray 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter; spread evenly in bottom of slow cooker. Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar mixture, cutting as needed to fit in one layer. Place cherry in center of each slice and around slices, as needed.
- 2 Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- 3 Cook on High heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Turn off slow cooker; uncover. Remove ceramic base from cooker to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes.
- 4 Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto ceramic base; carefully turn plate and ceramic base over. Remove ceramic base.
- Expert Tips
- Slow cookers vary. Keep an eye on your cake while it's baking so it does not get overdone. Use a slow cooker with a white ceramic base for best results.
- This decadent dessert is perfect for entertaining guests because it can be made ahead of time. Sweetened whipped cream is the perfect topping for this delicious treat.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/