Slow-Cooker Fire Roasted Pot Roast
Write a review
- boneless beef pot roast (2 lb)
- Salt and pepper
- package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- lb potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch cubes
- lb carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ fire roasted tomato cooking sauce
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
- 1 Spray 6- to 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Generously sprinkle all sides of beef with salt and pepper. Place beef in slow cooker.
- 2 Arrange mushrooms, potatoes and carrots around beef. Pour cooking sauce over beef and vegetables.
- 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.
- 4 Serve beef and vegetables with sauce from slow cooker. Garnish with parsley.
- Make prep even easier by using baby potatoes—no need to even peel them!
- Because the beef is cooked low and slow, an inexpensive cut of beef can be used. The slow cooking allows the beef to become tender.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/