Slow-Cooker Bourbon Banana Bread
Write a review
- 2 2/3
- cups original all-purpose baking mix
- 1 1/2
- cups mashed very ripe bananas
- cup granulated sugar
- cup butter, melted
- tablespoons bourbon
- teaspoon vanilla
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cup semisweet chocolate chips
- cup chopped toasted pecans
- tablespoons butter, melted
- cup powdered sugar
- tablespoon bourbon
- teaspoon hot water
- 1 Grease bottom only of 3 1/2- to 4-quart round slow cooker with shortening or cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with 2 teaspoons of the baking mix.
- 2 In large bowl, stir bananas, granulated sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons bourbon, the vanilla and eggs until well blended. Stir in remaining baking mix, the cinnamon, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans until well blended. Pour into slow cooker.
- 3 Cover; cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Turn off slow cooker; uncover, and remove ceramic base from cooker to cooling rack. Let cool 15 minutes.
- 4 Loosen edge of bread with thin metal spatula. Remove bread from slow cooker to cooling rack. Cool 1 hour.
- 5 In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and consistency of thick syrup. Drizzle over top of bread. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/