Santa Claus Cake
Write a review
- box (1 lb 2.25 oz) yellow cake mix with pudding
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Frosting and Decorations
- large marshmallow
- container (1 lb) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- cup flaked coconut
- to 2 tablespoons red sugar
- teaspoon red edible glitter
- large green gumdrop, halved
- miniature marshmallow
- strands pull-apart red licorice twists
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously grease 13x9-inch pan with shortening; lightly flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds or until blended. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 2 Bake 29 to 34 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- 3 Cover 22x12-inch piece of heavy cardboard with foil. Cut and assemble cake pieces on foil-covered cardboard as shown in diagram.
- 4 Frost large marshmallow with vanilla frosting; dip in coconut. Set aside. Frost assembled cake with remaining vanilla frosting. Sprinkle red sugar on cake for top of hat; sprinkle red edible glitter on top of red sugar. Sprinkle coconut on cake for border of hat and beard.
- 5 Place large coconut-coated marshmallow on top of hat for tassel. Place gumdrop halves, sugar-side-up, on cake for eyes, mini marshmallow for nose and red licorice twists for mouth. Sprinkle red sugar on cake for
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/