Pumpkin-Spiced Whoopie Pies with Ginger Cream
Write a review
- pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- cup canned pumpkin
- cup oil
- cup water
- pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
- cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- tsp. ground cinnamon
- tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- cup Halloween sprinkles
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT first 7 ingredients with mixer until well blended. Scoop into 32 mounds, 3 inches apart, on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, using about 2 Tbsp. for each.
- BAKE 12 to 14 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet 2 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese, marshmallow cream, ginger and cinnamon in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Whisk in COOL WHIP. Spread 3 Tbsp. onto flat side of 1 cake; top with second cake, flat-side down. Roll edge in sprinkles. Repeat with remaining cakes. Keep refrigerated.
- You'll know its a special occasion when these pumpkin flavored treats are served.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to quickly portion the scoops of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Make Ahead
- The cakes can be made ahead of time. Bake and freeze up to 2 weeks. When freezing, place in single layer in pan to prevent them from sticking together. Thaw completely before using to assemble whoopie pies.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/