Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce
Write a review
- cups crushed teddy bear-shaped cinnamon graham snacks (from 10-oz box)
- cup butter or margarine, melted
- packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2
- cups granulated sugar
- cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- teaspoon ground cardamom
- Spiced Caramel-Rum Sauce
- cup packed brown sugar
- cup light or dark corn syrup
- tablespoons butter or margarine
- cup whipping cream
- tablespoon spiced rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 300°F. Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Wrap foil around pan to catch drips. In small bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press mixture in bottom and 1 inch up side of pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes. To minimize cracking, place shallow pan half full of hot water on lower oven rack.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Spoon 3 cups of the mixture onto crust; spread evenly. To remaining cream cheese mixture, add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cardamom; mix with wire whisk until smooth. Spoon over mixture in pan.
- 3 Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved. Run small metal spatula around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 6 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- 4 In small saucepan, heat brown sugar, corn syrup and 2 tablespoons butter to boiling over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in whipping cream; heat to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in rum. Cool until warm.
- 5 Just before serving, run small metal spatula around edge of pan; carefully remove side of pan. Top individual slices with warm sauce and a dollop of whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.
- Cinnamon graham cracker crumbs can be substituted for the teddy bear-shaped graham crackers.
- To save time, use purchased caramel topping instead of making the caramel sauce. Warm the topping and stir in the rum or rum extract.
- To easily crush the crackers, use a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Holiday Cottage http://www.holidaycottagepage.com/